I, James Wasmuth, am committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in all that I do.
- recruiting students, postdocs and staff that reflect the diversity of our society.
- maintaining an environment of equity and fairness where all can work and learn.
- assuring that the research of the lab prepares students, postdocs and staff to meet the needs of the diverse communities that we serve in Canada and globally.
- providing training in EDI to all members of the lab.
- advocating for equity-seeking people in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
This is a living document and will be improved along with me. I am grateful to the UToronto Medical Biophysics Department’s EDI statement for inspiration.